Way back in January (which feels like seconds and years ago at the same time), I turned 22. To celebrate my birthday, I wrote a post called ’22 things whilst 22’ which was all the things I wanted to achieve during this year of my life. Now we are only four months away from the end of the year, so what have I managed to tick off my list?
- The 50 book challenge – This could still happen but I’ve only read 20 books so I’m not holding my breath!
- Explore more of Dubai
- Watch a movie outside
- Visit The Louvre in Abu Dhabi – Beautiful, peaceful and totally inspiring. There was so much incredible art to see that I feel like second trip is needed.
- Go back to the UK – It wasn’t quite as cold I was hoping (bloody heatwave!) but spending two weeks at home and catching up with everyone was a lovely break.
- Visit Petra
- Have a digital detox.
- Get a new tattoo – I now have one of my favourite places, Bedruthen Steps beach in Cornwall, on my arm forever!
- Go to a gig in Dubai – I went to see Biffy Clyro at a super intimate gig at the Hard Rock Café and it was spectacular! More gigs like this please.
- Do yoga once a week – Even though I haven’t done yoga every single week, I’m ticking it off. I have done a lot of yoga and started going to the gym to become a bit more active and zen.
- Cook a three-course meal
- Travel somewhere new – I went to Oman for a weekend, which was very uneventful because there was a terrible sandstorm. But I’ve also booked flights to spend a week with my two besties in Bali before the end of the year!
- Make a new friend – For a while, I didn’t think this would happen. But I have some friends in Dubai. Finally! A small group of absolutely wonderful people.
- Go camping
- Start learning to drive – It will happen soon, I hope.
- Learn to make a cocktail
- Open a savings account – I think I’ve finally learnt the art of saving money (thanks to my stepmum’s guidance)!
- Go to the theatre
- Treat myself to a facial
- Learn to take better photos – Still working on it, but I’m getting there. My flatlays are definitely looking better.
- Own a matching suit
- Do something charitable
That’s not too terrible. I still have some time to tick off a few more things but I’ve achieved a lot of things that weren’t included on this list because I wasn’t expecting to or aiming to. So I think that balances everything out. My 22nd year of life so far? It’s been pretty great. It’s been full of challenges and achievements, ups and downs, trials and triumphs. Let’s just see what the rest of the year has in store for me.